Share this page
1) Information on the collection of personal data
(1) Below we inform you about the collection of your personal data when you use our website www.wesco-aluments.de. Personal data are all data which refer to you personally and by which you may be identified, e.g. name, address, email address, user behaviour etc.
(2) The data controller within the meaning of Article 4(7) of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is M. Westermann & Co. GmbH, Bahnhofstr. 205, D-59759 Arnsberg. Please refer to the imprint of our website for further information.
Our data protection officer Guido Asshoff can be contacted using the email address [Datenschutz@wesco.de] or the contact details specified in the imprint of this website.
(3) When you contact us by email or through a contact form, the data provided by you (your email address, possibly your name and your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data thus obtained once their storage is no longer necessary or, if there is a legal requirement of keeping and storing the data, we will restrict their processing.
(4) Where we opt to use selected service providers for certain functionalities of our offering or intend to use your data for advertising purposes, we inform you below in detail of the relevant procedures. In this context, we also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
2) Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
– right to information,
– right to correction or deletion,
– right to restriction of processing,
– right to objection to processing,
– right to portability of data.
(2) In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data by us. The competent supervisory authority in our case is
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
(North Rhine-Westphalia Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information)
Telephone: 0211/38424-0 Fax: 0211/38424-10 email: email@example.com
3) Collection of personal data when our website is visited
(1) If you use our website merely for purposes of information, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we will only collect the personal data transmitted by your browser to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data which we require for technical purposes, i.e. in order to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security of the website (legal basis is Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of the inquiry
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of request (actual web page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Respective data quantity transferred
– Website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and for the protection of the transmission of confidential content, such as purchase orders or inquiries, which you send to us as the site operator. You can recognise an encrypted connection in the address line of your browser when it changes from “http://” to “https://” and the lock icon is displayed in the address bar of your browser. If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
(3) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are text files that are stored on the hard drive assigned to the browser you are using through which the entity which sets the cookie (in this case, us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offering altogether more user-friendly and more effective, e.g. by recognising you when you next visit the website or by accelerating the build-up of the website or downloading.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and operation of which are explained below:
– Transient (session) cookies (see paragraph b)
– Persistent cookies (see paragraph c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They also include session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes, for instance you can decline the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please be aware that in that case you may not be able to use all features of this site.
e) Cookies which are necessary for electronic communication or to provide certain functions you wish to use (e.g. the shopping cart) are stored on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR since we have a legitimate interest in storing cookies to ensure the technical operation of the website. This includes greater ease of communication, execution of the website free of technical errors and enhanced provision of our services. Insofar as we or our service providers store cookies for any other purposes, such as analysing your use of our website, that usage is described separately for that processing.
(1) Our website is hosted externally by the company ALL-INKL.COM – Neue Medien Münnich, owner: René Münnich, Hauptstrasse 68, D-02742 Friedersdorf. The hosting services used by us are meant to help us provide the following services: Infrastructure and platform services, compute capacity, storage space and database services, security services, and technical maintenance and service for the purpose of operating this online offering.
(2) Within this scope, our hosting provider processes existing data, contact data, content data, usage data, meta and communication data of customers, prospective customers and visitors of this online offering, based on our legitimate interest in an efficient and secure provision of this online offering in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR read in conjunction with Article 28 of the GDPR.
5) Other functions and offerings of our website
(1) In addition to the use of our website for purposes of information, we offer you the option to use our website for contacting us. If you wish to make use of this option, you will have to provide further personal data which we use to provide the relevant service; such personal data are subject to the data processing principles mentioned above.
(2) We may use external service providers when processing your data, e.g. for sending you our newsletter. Such service providers have been carefully selected and appointed by us, are bound by our instructions, and are regularly audited.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, conclusion of contracts or similar services together with our partners. That may be the case if you book a cooking course which we carry out together with an external chef.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offering.
6) Objection or revocation of your consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke such consent at any time. Revocation affects the admissibility of the processing your personal data after such revocation.
(2) If our processing of your personal data is based on weighing of interests, you have the right to object to processing. This is the case if processing is not necessary in particular to fulfil a contract with you; more details on this issue are provided in the description of functions herein below. When you exercise your right to objection, we will ask you to give reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done so far. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue processing the data.
(3) Of course, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your objection to advertising using the contact details provided in section 1 above.
7) Furniture configurator
(1) A configuration program for customisation of furniture is incorporated in our website by means of an iframe. The software is hosted for us externally by the company ALL-INKL.COM – Neue Medien Münnich, owner: René Münnich, Hauptstrasse 68, D-02742 Friedersdorf. Once you have completed configuration, you can inquire about the price of the customised piece of furniture. We will collect your name, address and contact details in order to draw up a quotation. The data is collected for the purpose of sending you a quotation and thus for the purpose of negotiation of a contract within the meaning of Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR. Corporate customers are offered a separate login into the configuration software. This requires registering with our customer service which will collect your company name, user data and email data in order to provide the login details. In the latter case, you will use our system as a registered user and will additionally have access to our back-end in order to manage your data.
(2) In this scope, our business partner, who is bound by a data processing contract, processes contact data, address data, names, usage data, meta and communication data of customers making an inquiry and prospective customers, based on our legitimate interest in sending a customised quotation for configured and customised pieces of furniture in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR read in conjunction with Article 28 of the GDPR.
(3) Insofar as you use our configurator on our website, our business partner incorporates the cookies of the provider Polyfill to ensure optimal presentation of the offering. Polyfill is a service provided by The Financial Times Ltd, Number One Southwark Bridge, London, SE1 9HL, United Kingdom, and serves to enhance presentation of the configurator and to support old browsers by using so-called polyfills. This service is forwarded certain technical user information about the browser used, about the URL of the accessing website and information about the IP address and the Internet service provider. This information is used to make available information which serves to improve the presentation of the website. Financial Times Limited collects information about the website visit and information serving to enhance the presentation of our web offering. In doing so, it cannot identify you personally. For further information please visit https://help.ft.com/help/legal-privacy/cookies/. The processing of the information mentioned above is based on our legitimate interest to provide our configuration tool in a user-friendly, efficient and secure manner in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR read in conjunction with Article 28 of the GDPR.
Based on our legitimate interest (i.e. our interest in the analysis, optimisation and economic operation of our online offering within the meaning of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR), we use social plugins (“plugins”) from the social network facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”). The plugins may represent interaction elements or content (e.g. videos, graphics or text) and can be recognised by one of the Facebook logos (white “f” on blue tile, the term “Like” or a “thumbs up” sign) or are marked with the addition “Facebook Social Plugin”. The list and appearance of Facebook social plugins can be viewed here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
Facebook is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and warrants to comply with European privacy legislation (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active).
If a user requests a feature of this online offering that includes such a plugin, the user’s device establishes a direct connection with the Facebook servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Facebook directly to the device of the user and incorporated by the user into the online offering. In the process, user profiles can be created from the processed data. Consequently, we have no influence over the amount of data that Facebook collects with this plugin and therefore inform users according to our knowledge.
Through the integration of the plugins, Facebook receives the information that a user has accessed the relevant page of the online offering. If the user is logged in to Facebook, Facebook can allocate the visit to the user’s Facebook account. If users interact with the plugins, e.g. by pressing the Like button or posting a comment, the information is transmitted from your device directly to Facebook and stored there. If a user is not a member of Facebook, there is still the possibility that Facebook will identify and save the user’s IP address. According to Facebook, only an anonymised IP address is stored in Germany.
If a user is a Facebook member and does not wish Facebook to collect data about them through this online offering and associate the data with the user’s member data stored on Facebook, the user must log out of Facebook and delete their cookies before using our online offer. Other settings and objections regarding the use of data for advertising purposes can be made within the Facebook profile settings at: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads or via the US website http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the EU website http://www.youronlinechoices.com/. The settings are made independent of the platform, which means that they are adopted for all devices, such as desktop computers or mobile devices.
Functionalities and content of Twitter, provided by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA, may be incorporated in the scope of our online offering. This may include content such as pictures, videos or text as well as buttons which a user can use to express their endorsement of content or the author of content or to subscribe to our postings. If a user is a member of the Twitter platform, Twitter can allocate the access to the above-mentioned contents and functionalities to the user profiles existing within that platform. Twitter is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and warrants to comply with European privacy legislation (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TORzAAO&status=Active). Privacy statement: https://twitter.com/de/privacy, Opt-Out: https://twitter.com/personalization.
10) Google+ / Recommendation
Our website uses the “+1 button” provided by Google+, a social network operated by Google, Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, hereinafter referred to as “Google”.
Upon each visit of our website, which is equipped with such a “+1” feature, that feature causes your browser to download an image of the feature from Google. Through this process, Google is informed about which page of our website is currently being visited.
According to the representations made by Google, there is no further evaluation of your visit unless you are logged in into your Google account.
If you access our website while being logged in at Google, confirming the +1 button allows Google to collect information on your Google account, on the website recommended by you, and your IP address and other browser-related information.
This allows your +1 recommendation to be stored and publicised. Your Google +1 recommendation can then be displayed as a reference in other Google services, such as search results, your Google account, or other places such as on websites and ads in the Internet, together with your account name and, if applicable, your photo provided to Google. Also, Google can link your visit to our website with your data stored by Google. Google also records that information for the purpose of further improving Google services.
If you wish to minimize such collection of information by Google, you should log out of your Google account before visiting our website.
You can access Google’s data protection policies relating to the +1 button together with all relevant information on the collection, transfer and use of data by Google, your rights in this regard as well as your profile settings options at: https://developers.google.com/+/web/buttons-policy.
9) Use of Google Analytics for web analysis
This website uses Website Google Analytics, a web analytics service operated by Google LLC (www.google.de), for purposes of website analysis. This serves to protect our overriding legitimate interests in an enhanced and demand-oriented presentation of our offering. Google Analytics uses methods that allow the analysis of your use of the website, e.g. by installing cookies. The information automatically collected about your use of this website will as a rule be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. By activating IP anonymisation on this website, the IP address is truncated before transmission within the Member States of the European Union or in other member states to Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only under exceptional circumstances, the complete IP address is transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and truncated there. The anonymised IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Analytics is never associated with other data held by Google.
Google LLC has its head office in the USA and is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. An up to date certificate can be viewed here. Based on this agreement between the USA and the European Commission, the latter has identified an adequate data protection level for enterprises certified under the Privacy Shield.
You can prevent the data generated by the cookie based on your usage of this website (including your IP address) being sent to and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link:http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
As an alternative to the browser plugin you can click on this link to stop future data collection via Google Analytics on this website. When doing so, an opt-out cookie is created on your device. If you delete your cookies, you will need to click on that link again.